Home Your Account FAQ Topics Content Submit News Top 10
  Login/Create an Account    

Menu

Amiga600_FPGA.gif Amiga FPGA Accelerator
· Introduction
· Pictures
· Voltage Level Translation
· Sharing ideas
· Who helped?New content !
· Apollo-team chat

Amiga600_FPGA.gif Vampire 600 V1
tree-L2.gif About
tree-T.gif Schematics
tree-T.gif Core
tree-L.gif Soldering
· Terms of service
· Ordering
· Core upload
· Vampire 600 map
· All News

Amiga600_FPGA.gif Vampire 600 V2

Amiga600_FPGA.gif Vampire 1200
· All News

Amiga_Ball.gif Amiga Talk Talk
· Amiga 1200 Coldfire
· Talk regarding A608
· Amiga PPC

icon_members.gif Amiga Repair
· Amiga 600 restoration
· Mouse repair
· Cold solder joint
· Amiga 600 repair
· Keyboard repair

favoritos.gif Amiga Tutorials
· Install WB from WinUAE
· Play HAM Video

som_themes.gif Amiga Testings
· Amiga 600 plays video
icon_community.gif Forum
nuke.gif Downloads
home.gif Web Hosting
som_downloads.gif Web links

Info

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Vampire 500: Core testings
Posted on Friday, July 05 2013 @ 08:14:35 CDT by majsta

As you may noticed some very interesting things are happened regarding this project but news about that I didn't publish on this site. One Vampire 500 was sent to robinson5 from retroramblings.net and it was the one that I used for my testings. This is maybe most important thing happened to complete Vampire FPGA project because we are now in situation that we have opportunity to exchange codes and to point each other what might be a problem. We have already exchanged few mails and codes and it is very interesting to me that we solved few problems but using different approach. It is normal that two people can think different and coding in VHDL is something that is easier to create than to understand what someone wanted to do with specific part of the code. Another great discovery from robinson5 was bad solder joint on A16 trace of Vampire 500 and that was the reason why my code didn't worked. Earlier I have discovered that there was problem with one resistor placed on 7Mhz clk trace so after solving those hardware barriers everything regarding code should not be such problem. From the start of this project people on various forums are again against my projects talking that Amiga 500 uses MC68K to the max and that I will never be able to create something that is done for Amiga 600. What can I say about that, only few lines of code were needed to be implemented in old code and everything worked. Now we have 3 versions of the code and all of them are working fine and main differences are in solving accesses to MC8600 peripherals.


Sponsored links

Related Links
· More about Amiga FPGA accelerator
· News by majsta


Most read story about Amiga FPGA accelerator:
HDMI test 1


Article Rating
Average Score: 1.19
Votes: 21


Please take a second and vote for this article:

Excellent
Very Good
Good
Regular
Bad



Options

 Printer Friendly Page  Printer Friendly Page

 Send to a Friend  Send to a Friend


Sorry, Comments are not available for this article.
Web site powered by PHP-Nuke

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. The comments are property of their posters, all the rest
You can syndicate our news using the file backend.php or ultramode.txt
Web site engine's code is Copyright © 2003 by PHP-Nuke. All Rights Reserved. PHP-Nuke is Free Software released under the GNU/GPL license.
Page Generation: 0.143 Seconds